Located in the heart of Avondale, Set Buildings are only 10 kilometers from Auckland’s CBD with easy access to loads of amazing local amenities and services:
- 300 metres to Avondale shopping centre
- 600 metres to Avondale train station
- 2km to Lynn Mall
- 3km to the North Western Motorway and the new Waterview Connection
- 20km from Auckland International Airport
Avondale is one of Auckland’s oldest suburbs and is currently undergoing a massive transformation due to significant investment in the local infrastructure and an influx of young couples and families buying into the area. The availability of attractive and affordable housing as well as excellent local amenities make the Set Buildings an unbeatable choice for those looking to buy a new home.
Things To Do
Avondale Markets - Avondale retains a multicultural flavour and nowhere is this more evident than at the much-loved Avondale Sunday Markets. There is a strong Pacific and Asian influence with a huge variety of stalls attracting around 15,000 to 20,000 visitors in a day. You can buy anything from antiques to fresh local produce, fast food, clothes, arts, crafts and second hand goods.
Whau River – Make sure you take some time out to enjoy the river and the many recreational activities it offers including kayaking, walking, cycling, fishing and bird watching.
Avondale Racecourse – Why not head off to the races! There are mid-week race meetings throughout the year and you can get up close to the horses jockeys and trainers in and around the track. Course and grandstand entry is free!
Hollywood Cinema - Enjoy a movie in boutique style at the renowned Hollywood Cinema which is the oldest single screen cinema in Auckland.
Learn-to-ride cycle track - Take the kids to the learn-to-ride cycle track or try out the new netball courts, turbo touch court and futsal court at the Avondale Central Reserve, right on the doorstep of the Set Buildings.
Bicycle Track – Take a ride along the 9km North-western cycle route that follows the general alignment of the North-western motorway (SH 16)
Paradice Ice Skating Rink – There’s loads of fun for the whole family at the Ice Skating Rink in Lansford Crescent. Open during the day or three evenings a week.
LynnMall in New Lynn is only a short hop away with all the staples of a large shopping mall, and it has recently undergone significant recent redevelopment to incorporate a multi screen movie theatre and outdoor dining lane called ‘The Brickworks’.
Movie Theatre - Reading Cinemas LynnMall features eight wall to wall screens, including Auckland's first TITAN XC Extreme Cinema with the amazing Dolby Atmos sound system. In addition, the complex boasts two Premium Dine-In cinemas, for a luxury cinema experience.
Food & Dining
- The Brickworks café and restaurant precinct is home to a diverse range of eateries including Bodrum Kitchen, Goode Brothers, Wagamama, Cleaver and Co, Shaky Isles and Hansan and Meso.
- For an authentic Japanese meal experience, Musashi in Great North Road, New Lynn is unbeatable with consistently rave reviews for excellent cuisine and warm hospitality.
- Bunga Raya also on Great North Road in New Lynn serves up some of the best Malaysian food in town and is definitely worth a visit.
Mt Albert Aquatic Centre - The wave pools in Mt Albert are an excellent facility for all ages for both fitness and recreational swimming.
Food and Dining
- If you’re on the look out for freshly baked vegan and gluten free treats, you must drop in to Cosset café on New North Road and don’t forget to order a coffee while you’re there.
- Nearby at the Parkside Café in Mt Albert, you can experience some of the best Vietnamese Cuisine in Auckland.
- Daytime café L’oeuf and sister restaurant Chinoiserie are a couple of the best for deliciously tempting Chinese and Taiwanese-inspired street food.
Waterview Reserve – Check out the new playground featuring a five metre high tube slide with awesome views of the surrounding area as well as an interactive water play area, a waka, climbing net and tunnels as well as basketball, netball and volleyball courts.
Take a 10 minute drive out to Titirangi, where you can relax in the many cafes, spend time at the markets or Te Uru, the recently refurbished contemporary art gallery.
Pack a picnic and go for a drive through bush clad hills to dramatic west coast beaches like Piha or Karekare. Or go tramping on one of the stunning walking tracks around the Waitakere Ranges.
The annual Whau Arts festival has been running since 2014 featuring professional artists collaborating with community groups to create events the whole family can enjoy from theatre to lip sync battles, All events are free thanks to the support of the Avondale local board.
Primary: Avondale Primary School
Intermediate: Avondale Intermediate
Secondary: Avondale College