- Foundations: Steel reinforced concrete piles together with steel reinforced concrete ground beams.
- Façade: Low maintenance, long-life concrete construction. A combination of solid concrete, masonry concrete and precast concrete external walls. Finished with a painted decorative solid render system.
- Floors: Solid concrete suspended on steel prefabricated beams.
- Windows: Double glazed aluminium joinery with tinted acoustic rated glazing for superior thermal and sound transmission performance.
- Inter-tenancy walls: A mixture of solid concrete, solid concrete masonry and double stud timber framed walls for superior acoustic performance in excess of the building code.
- Insulation: Superior wall and ceiling insulation in excess of the building code requirements.
- Roof: Zinc Alum metal roof at five degree pitch with internal gutter.
- Eco materials: Construction materials with recognised ecolabels, items with high recycled content, low VOC and environmental best practice (ISO 14001) manufacturing processes.
- Waste management: On-site construction monitoring recognised by Homestar to minimise construction waste and encourage sustainable building practices in construction processes.
- Ceiling height generally 2.65m (8 foot 10 inch stud)
- Low-flow high-WELS rated appliances, fittings and fixtures
- Low energy LED light fittings
- Window head heights 2.4m
- Internal door heights 2.2m
- Kitchens are German made by Palazzo
- Vanities are NZ made by St Michel
- Showers are frameless glass with custom NZ made stainless steel bases for peace of mind
- Individual storage lockers in basement
- Low energy centralized hot water system. Apartments all individually metered
- Low energy heat recovery ventilation system to ensure each apartment stays warm and dry
- Wardrobe organisers
- Sky TV and Freeview connection – your personal decoder and connection is required
- Feltex 100% solution dyed nylon NZ made carpet
Caesar Stone bench tops
Ceramic tile splash-backs
Quality German manafactured
Externally vented rangehoods
Range of quality appliances, all meeting the best home star recommendations
Italian porcelain floor tiles
Italian made porcelain floor tiles
New Zealand made vanity units from St Michel
Ceramic Quartz vanity tops
Custom made recessed mirror cabinetry
Heated towel rails
Frameless glass showers with New Zealand made custom stainless steel shower bases
Shared cars, scooter parks and bicycle racks
There will be two communal cars for exclusive use by Daisy residents. This will give residents the convenience of a car when they need one, without the cost and hassle of owning their own. This car sharing system will also have significant environmental benefits, by reducing the carbon footprint of Daisy residents.
Daisy also has a secure basement with parking for scooters and bicycles.
Daisy represents a total commitment to best practice, sustainable, low energy urban living. In association with the NZ Green Building Council Daisy has achieved a 10 Homestar rating. This makes Daisy the highest rated green apartment building in New Zealand. Daisy’s green features include:
- Photo voltaic solar farm on the roof for on-site power generation powering common area lighting, lifts, and centralised water heating plant.
- A centralised water heating plant that uses the latest German Bosch heat pump technology for maximum efficiency.
- Zehnder heat recovery ventilation systems to provide a warm, healthy building with low energy usage.
- Two communal cars for exclusive use by residents, lowering the overall transport costs and CO2 emissions for Daisy residents.
- Highly energy efficient electrical appliances, fixtures and systems targeting low, long-term operational costs.
- Rainwater harvesting system with basement storage tanks for reuse on-site.
- External blind systems and low E argon filled double glazing to manage solar gain.
- Communal vegetable plantings and fruit trees on adjacent reserve managed by the Body Corporate.
- Extensive on-site scooter and bicycle parking in basement via dedicated scooter lift accessed from street level.
- Low formaldehyde/formaldehyde-free MDF used in all cabinetry.